Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Orange Inspired Beauty for the Home ~ Citrus Series

photo source

Another season of citrus is coming to a close and so will this series. We leave you with one last idea, simply display the fruit itself until ready to use. Oranges with leaves and blossoms attached spreads cheer during a cold winter day. Place them in wicker or wire baskets, display them in stoneware or vintage bowls and in cake-stands or other tiered decorations. 

“I am sure that there is no place in the world where your message would not be enhanced by your making the place (whether tiny or large, a hut or a palace) orderly, artistic and beautiful with some form of creativity, some form of ‘art’.” 

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE oranges, and I really am sorry to see the season for them come to an end especially since the price will go up again. We don't have orange trees here so we're dependent on the markets for our supply. One of my favorite ways to use them is in marmalade...mmmm. I can't wait to make a batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have been a bit dramatic about it coming to a close! :) Trees will still be producing for a while more :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this series very much!!! I also have to depend on the grocer for all things citrus! I love leaving bowls or platters of oranges and lemons out in the kitchen. I love the punch of color and fresh look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... there is nothing like a fresh orange! My stomach doesn't like canned orange juice, but give me freshly-squeezed orange juice and I am one happy girl! :) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your series I have a new found appreciation of Citrus. Many thanks.
    Hugs from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This si beautiful and so fresh! I love adding the splash of glad colors to spots around the house. Edith Schaeffer was/is right. I believe a touch of beauty reflecting God's creativity if done with a thankful and clean heart is a high form of worship. I will miss your citrus series. I learned SO much!
    Hugs as you go into the cooler season there!

    ReplyDelete